As the weather gets cooler, the days get gloomy, our meals get hotter and creamier; sticking into that comfort food! Here’s a deliciously creamy textured soup the whole family can enjoy without the extra pounds!
Creamy Tomato Basil and Yogurt Soup.
- 1 Cup Camperdown Greek-Style Yogurt.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil.
- 12 Tomatoes, halves.
- 1 Sweet Onion, coarsely chopped.
- 4 Garlic Cloves.
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock.
- 1 Tbsp. Pesto or 1/4 cup shredded Basil leaves.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven 425 ° F
- Combine olive oil, tomatoes, onions, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to coat.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and oven roast for 25 minutes, or until browned.
- Place tomato mixture, vegetable stock in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minute.
- Puree soup w/ yogurt. Add basil or pesto.