There’s a misconception that high fat milks are not ideal for growing little bodies. So here’s a few pointers to keep in mind next time you’re shopping for nutrition-filled beverages for your little ones.
- Did you know whole milk is recommended (that is, 3.5-4% fat) for children up to age 2? Because saturated fats are needed for brain development and 80% of brain development occurs in the first two years.
- Milk is an essential part of your child’s first year in life, but just as important in the following years!
- As we all know, milk is high in calcium and essential for growing bones and teeth. Some may opt for vegetables but your body actually absorbs calcium easier from milk over other foods like vegetables.
- Furthermore, milk is a great source of protein and an easy way to get the recommended intake for your kids! Additionally, the reason we have an emphasis on whole milk is due to fat content, as it aids energy and growth.
- And last but not least – don’t forget the vitamins – especially vitamin A which is in milk fat as well as B group vitamins.
Head to the Camperdown Dairy Website for your Free Milk Trial! https://www.camperdowndairy.com.au/free-milk-trial/